News UK and AB InBev launch Beer Bakery
News UK and AB InBev, the world’s leading brewer, today announced the start of a ground-breaking cross-title campaign to launch the world’s first pop-up beer bakery, across The Times, Sunday Times and The Sun.
The campaign, which will run across The Times, The Sunday Times and The Sun newspapers for a week from the 26th October, features a series of native content placements to appeal to a wide-range of readers. These were created by News UK’s Method team within the Commercial content team and will include:
- A feature focusing solely on artisanal breads which appeared in The Times’ Saturday edition prior to the launch.
- A one-page advertorial which appeared in The Sun’s Fabulous magazine prior to the launch.
- A picture story in The Sun showing the pop-up bakery following its launch today.
- A four-page feature following the campaign in The Sunday Times’ The Dish magazine, which includes suggested recipes for readers.
- AB InBev, working with News UK, has enlisted the help of Tom and Henry of The Fabulous Baker Brothers to create their pop-up beer bakery in Hackney. The bakery will be serving bread and beer, celebrating the natural ingredients they share.
The brothers have created six artisanal breads which help to bring out the key flavours of some of AB InBev’s favourite beers. A spelt and barley pineapple soda bread has been created to match Stella Artois, while a special sourdough bread has been developed as the perfect match for the famous Belgian beer, Leffe.
Tiffanie Darke Method’s Content Director, said:
“This is a unique idea and one which we immediately engaged with. AB InBev understands that by working with our award-winning titles, The Times, Sunday Times and The Sun, it is able to connect with a variety of audiences and deliver to the most engaged readers in the UK.”
Sophie Kurta, External Communications Manager at AB InBev said:
‘It has been fantastic to see The Beer Bakery come to life through our partnership with News UK. It is a great concept that really celebrates the natural ingredients that beer and bread share.”