Every Saturday, The Times Weekend provides a host of lifestyle, travel, health and cooking articles. Times readers are more than twice as likely than average to be very interested in travel topics in newspapers and 98% more likely to agree that newspaper articles influence their travel and holiday decisions.
1.32 million readers every Saturday with a circulation of 583k
67% of readers are AB social group. Average family income is £48,044 per annum for Saturday Times readers
The Times is read for an average of 76 mins on Saturday
No. 1 daily title for reaching the UK’s Business Elite
How The Times is read
‘In Depth’: The daily read, deep, immersive, more time spent, valuable time, typically print/tablet read.
- Time for proper cognitive processing
- Time for yourself
- Time away from devices and noise
Checking-in: Frequent, shorter duration, across multiple brands/ platforms, more linked to mobile & PC and driven by access in new and different times/places.
For many readers, they play complementary roles – they get their daily briefing from their preferred newspaper and then top-up and stay in the loop during the day from other multiple sources.
More Times Weekend Facts
- Times readers are more than twice as likely to be very interested in travel topics in newspapers
- Times readers are 89% more likely to agree that articles influence their travel and holiday decisions
- Weekend is Times readers favourite section, with over half saying they keep this section to read at a later date
- 44% of Weekend readers agree they are prompted to take some kind of action after reading articles in this section
- 34% of Weekend readers agree they are likely to take some kind of action after seeing adverts in this section
- Male <45 years 15%
- Male >45 years 38%
- Female <45 years 13%
- Female >45 years 34%
Source: NRS October 14 - September 15, NI Sectional, TGI GB 2015 Q4 (July 2014 - June 2015), Keller Fay TalkTrack Great Britain (2011 Aug-2014 Sep). Sectional readership study 2014