Sports Newspaper of the Year for three years running and the most authoritative daily sport section in the quality market, The Times is committed to providing intelligent and incisive reporting into the world of sport. Acclaimed journalists offer readers the essential guide across all sports with in depth analysis and opinions of real gravitas.
1,299,750 readers per day across all platforms - print and digital
Readers have 9.3 conversations about sport every week
67% of readers are AB social group. Average family income is £46,453 per annum
'Go to' section
59% of Sport readers say it is a must read section
The Best in Sport
Sports Newspaper of the Year for three years running and the most authoritative daily sport section in the quality market, The Times is committed to providing intelligent and incisive reporting into the world of sport.
Our acclaimed journalists include Matthew Syed, Michael Atherton and Matt Dickinson, as well as the likes of Ben Kay and Stuart Barnes (rugby), Tony Cascarino and Gabrielle Marcotti (football). **
From Tuesday to Saturday The Times brings news, results and pictures of the world’s sporting events from the Melbourne Cup to the Champions League to Wimbledon.
More Times Sport Facts
- Times readers are 36% more likely more likely to convince others of their sporting opinion
- 37% of Times readers receive premium paid for sports TV channels, like Sky Sports
- Times readers are 61% more likely to be very interested in sport news in newspapers
- Times readers have on average 9 conversations about sport every week, the UK population average is 6.8
- 63% agree Sport is part of the paper they turn to first
Audience by Sport:
- 780,000 rugby fans every week
- 1 million football fans every week
- 751,000 cricket fans every week
- Male <45 years 28%
- Male >45 years 45%
- Female <45 years 8%
- Female >45 years 20%
The Sunday Times/The Times Sport App
The dedicated Times Sport App featuring exclusive Premier League, Aviva Premiership and England cricket highlights.
Source: PWC, NRS April 14 - March 15, NI Sectional TGI GB 2014 Q4 (July 2013-June 2014). Keller Fay TalkTrack Great Britain (2011 Aug-2014 Sep). Sectional readership study 2014