The Sunday Times
Travel Magazine (Monthly)
Every month, The Sunday Times Travel Magazine takes readers around the world in style, with the finest professional photography, the keenest, most colourful travel writing and the best-researched consumer journalism. In every edition there are 'enjoy time' and 'cash-saving' tips for holidays, a tear-out-and-go guide to the world's best cities, profiles on regions and resorts that are perfect for a weekend break, as well as features on amazing holidays with beautiful photographs.
Highest-selling travel title on UK news stand
Average Total Circulation 63,372 July-Dec 2016 (ABC) with Feb 2017 issue hitting total of 71,252
Three “Editor of the Year” awards in the last six years. Winner of TripAdvisor 2016 Travellers’ Choice Awards, for Best Travel Magazine
77% of readers take 3 or more trips per year
Our readers spend more on holidays and in Duty Free than the two main competitors
Sunday Times Travel Magazine is used within the planning cycle of booking a holiday as our readers use the magazine to inspire them on destination, how to get there and who to book with.
- Travellers who know their stuff, not your average holidaymaker.
- Go off the beaten track and want something ‘different’.
- Have been there, done that, got the water puppet…
- They know ‘how’ to travel
- Want to know where to get a deal
- They don’t like being sold to, they look for the catch
- It’s about value for money whatever the budget
- Know what they want and won’t settle for poor quality
- Looking for the details and want to fully experience their location
- Good taste and judgement
“With the magazine I can take my time with it and enjoy — online, there are too many distractions.”
“I trust the magazine. It’s like the BBC — if they say something is good then I will believe them.”
Latest research - readers love the breadth of content
Quantitative research has told us who are readers are, how they like to travel and how they engage with The Sunday Times Travel Magazine:
- Our readers love the breadth of content: the magazine has something for everyone
- Editing down, “best of” lists, curated content and considered opinions topped their “love list”
- We are inspirational not aspirational: we talk about real destinations for real people
- We are a trusted, credible voice - informative and believable
- We offer escapism: relaxation, “me-time” and a beautiful read
- Imagery is key: beautiful, quality photography
- Authentic and inside track features such as “Ask the local” are the most popular
- Advertising mirrored the look and feel or the magazine and was seen as an opportunity to learn