The Sunday Times
The Sunday Times Travel section is the ultimate weekly guide to what's happening around the world featuring everything from high end luxury to the best deals across the UK. The Times & Sunday Times readers spent a massive £3.6 billion on holidays and short breaks over the past year.
Sunday Times readers spent £1billion on short breaks alone last year
Sunday Times readers spend on average £1,858 on their last holiday, 38% more than the national average.
Sunday Times readers take on average 8 flights a year
More than twice as likely to go on a city break
Key Audience Facts
- 309,000 Sunday Times readers rented a villa, flat, cottage or chalet last year
- 1.6 million of our readers enjoy eating food from around the world (Times & Sunday Times readers)
- 70% more likely to agree that they prefer to take holidays off the beaten track (Times & Sunday Times readers)
- Just over half of all Sunday Times readers have a keen sense of adventure
- 1.3 million of our readers like to be surrounded by different people, cultures, ideas, and lifestyles (Times & Sunday Times readers)
- 399,000 of our readers enjoy nothing more than sunbathing on the beach (Times & Sunday Times readers)
Watch The Times & Sunday Times Travel Facts:
The Times Travel Awards
Working with the chosen tourist board (Malta in 2013 and Barbados in 2014), as well as an airline and hotel partner, we produced a busy programme of events to showcase the country at its best to the travel clients, whilst allowing lots of time for important networking.
The piece de resistance is the high end awards ceremony held in a prestigious venue (Knight’s hospital in Malta hosted by Sir Ranulph Fiennes & The Cliff in Barbados hosted by Sir Garfield Sobers).
Source: NRS October 14 - September 15, TGI GB 2015 Q4 (July 2014 - June 2015)