The Sunday Times
The biggest, best and most-read sports section in the Sunday quality market, with authoritative columnists and writers covering all major sports including cycling, tennis and sailing. Brands advertising in Sport share intensely read news and analysis of the previous weeks games and fixtures
Journalist and Sports Journalist of the Year for David Walsh
Winner of 2014 Sports Team of the Year
Winner of Digital News Service of the Year
The Sunday Times is read for an average of 92 minutes
The biggest, best and most-read Sunday sports section
The Sunday Times Sport is the most comprehensive Sunday guide to the UK’s most popular sports and remains a key fixture in the Sunday reading of discerning sports fans.
Authoritative columnists and writers providing sports fans with much-valued critical analysis and insight include Rugby: Lawrence Dallaglio and Stuart Barnes, Stephen Jones; Football: Graeme Souness and Jonathan Northcroft; Cricket: Andrew Strauss although The Sunday Times Sport covers all areas of sport including cycling, tennis and sailing.
The Sunday Times Sport section covers Saturday’s match results and in-depth news, analysis of the previous weeks games and fixtures, interviews with key sporting personalities and a look to the week ahead.
The Sunday Times Sport team is also famous for its powerful investigative journalism that sets the news agenda, such as the exposure of Lance Armstrong as a drugs cheat by David Walsh and the inside story of David Moyes’ sacking by Jonathan Northcroft.
Sunday Times Readers & Sport
- 42% more likely to convince others of their sporting opinion
- 9.3 conversations about sport every week, more than the national average of 6.8
- 63% are interested in sports topics within newspapers
- 54% of regular Sport readers say it is a section they turn to first
- Football is the most popular sport (82%), followed by rugby union (57%), tennis (53%), cricket (52%), golf (34%) and horse racing (17%)
Fans by Sport:
- 723,000 rugby fans every week
- 1.1million football fans every week
- 703,000 cricket fans every week
- Dedicated Sport pullout every week
- Male <45 years 29%
- Male >45 years 35%
- Female <45 years 12%
- Female >45 years 24%
The Sunday Times/The Times Sport App
The dedicated Times Sport App featuring exclusive Premier League, Aviva Premiership and England cricket highlights.
Source: NRS October 14 - September 15, NI Sectional, TGI GB 2015 Q4 (July 2014 - June 2015), Keller Fay TalkTrack Great Britain (2011 Aug-2014 Sep). Sectional readership study 2014